Wednesday, March 21, 2012

St Patrick's Day Cupcakes!!

Well, I've been totally lacking on the blogging front. Life has gotten so busy, that my time in the kitchen for fun stuff like baking has gotten extremely limited. However, I have wanting to make this particular cupcake, literally for years!! Yes, years! And I never quite got to it....until now! It's a Chocolate Stout cupcake with cream cheese icing. And oh my gosh, this one was worth the wait. I absolutely LOVED this cupcake. And what made me even more happy was that my husband did too! He loves Guinness Beer, so I knew this would actually be a cupcake he would want to try. I had a couple of different recipes for this cupcake, but ended up choosing one I found on Pinterest. It's from the blog Nook&Pantry. Here's a copy of the recipe. The only change I made is that since I'm expecting baby #3, I didn't want to put liquor in the icing, so I used irish cream coffee creamer to try to get the irish cream flavor. It definitely didn't provide the amount of flavor I wanted, but oh well. The sacrifices we make for our little ones! ;) Next St Patrick's day, I'll have to try them again with the real stuff!

Now the only bad thing is that I took them with me to meet my parents for dinner at our local town square, and after I passed them out to my parents and husband, my husband took them back to the car to put them away and on his way there, while carrying my 1 year old son, my sweet one year old slapped the cupcake caddy out of his hands. Guess that was him getting back to us for not sharing one with him. So the last 4 or 5 went to the cement....total bummer. :(


I had to include this picture to show you all the perfectly rounded cupcake tops this recipe creates. This kind of thing excites me....sad, but true story.


Here's a pic of the final product. Seriously, so so so yummy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment