Thursday, August 4, 2011

FUN da middles!

As I was on my weekly shopping trip last week, I saw a product that caught my attention and I knew I just had to get. FUN da middles! It's a new cupcake product by Betty Crocker. They looked super cute and fun. Don't you agree?


They had a couple of different flavors to choose from (I remember seeing yellow cake with chocolate filling, chocolate cake with vanilla filling, and then vanilla cake with vanilla filling, which is what I ended up choosing, due to my family's inability to be obsessed with chocolate like me).

I finally got around to making them today and I LOVED them.

I opened up the box and in it contained one bag of cake mix and one packet of cupcake filling.


You make the cake, just like a regular cake mix. Combine the mix, oil, eggs, and water in a mixture until well blended.

Then, line your cupcake tin with liners. I have to tell you about this new product I found out about from my friend, Adrian. They are these super cool baking cups by Reynolds. They have a cute outside, but the inside is foil and grease resistant so that the liners keep their fun pattern even after the cupcake is baked. I can't tell you how much I LOVE these liners.



Once your liners are in place, it's time to add the batter to them! Put two tablespoons in each liner. I have found that a small cookie scoop equals one tablespoon, so I used that. It makes evenly distributing the batter super easy.


Now, open up the packet of cupcake filling and add a generous amount into each liner that is already partially filled with batter.


Then, add two more tablespoons of batter on top and they are ready to go into the oven!


After about 24 minutes pull them out of the oven and marvel at the perfectly round tops!


Here's the hard part, you need to let them cool for about 20 minutes so the filling is not scorching hot. So sit and watch them cool for 20 minutes.


Then, after the torture of waiting is over, it's time to rip into them. Look how yummy these look!


These were such a fun and easy, not to mention YUMMY cupcake to make. I guess you could ice them if you wanted to. But on the back of the box, it suggested not frosting them because the middle is kind of like icing and then you could easily put them in your kiddo's lunchbox etc. Guess what little boy is going to get one in his lunchbox tomorrow!?

xoxo,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment