Saturday, September 17, 2011

GIANT Icing Tips!

As you all know, I LOVE cupcakes (and cakes, and cookies, and well anything sweet!). Well, I also have a friend, Adrian, over at AJ's cupcakes that loves cupcakes. It's awesome having a cupcake loving friend. You get to share ideas, tips, and any other excitement that comes along with cupcakes. Well she recently shared with me a product she had recently purchased, "the original best ever cupcake icing kit". You can find it over at Bake It Pretty. I already have a TON of icing tips, some of them are pretty big. So at first I wasn't sure if I should get these tips. I thought maybe I had some of them. But even with all the tips I have, I always wanted the icing to go on the cupcake thicker, and look more whimsical. So, I kept thinking about these tips, not sure what I should do. Well, I happened to be over at Adrian's house celebrating a birthday and asked to see the tips in person, since she had already purchased them. Immediately upon seeing them, I knew I had to have them. I thought the tips I had were big; well not compared to these. These are GIIIIIIIIIANT and I love them! Once I got my own in the mail, I knew I was going to have to make cupcakes soon and check them out!


I had stocked up on Fun-da-middles since they were on sale recently and since I was short on time, just decided to use those. I went with the yellow cake and chocolate filling. Click here to view my previous post on making Fun-da-middles.

**I gotta be honest, I thought these were just ok. My favorite are still the yellow cake with vanilla filling.**

Then for the frosting, I just whipped up some buttercream and dyed it pink to match the liners. For the liners I once again used the Reynold Baked for You staybright baking cups. They are awesome and I prefer them over any cupcake liner. I can find them at my local grocery store. I am nervous because last time they were on clearance, so I am hoping they are not discontinuing this line.


Anyhow, after they cooled I tried out two of the tips and was really happy with them versus the smaller tips I've been using. I had no idea what my baking life has been missing! ;) Here's the final result!






I can't wait to try out the rest of the tips...there are still 3 more I haven't used!

xoxo,
Katie

1 comment:

  1. Those turned out beautifully! I've been thinking about those tips as well, and after seeing how lovely your cupcakes turned out with them, I am officially adding them to my birthday wishlist!

    Thanks for the awesome post :)

    ♥ Kate

    ReplyDelete